Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time

От Santiago DIEZ
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
no no, if I set -t to 60 seconds (or even 1000), it's the same problem.

-------------------------
Santiago DIEZ
Quark Systems & CAOBA
23 rue du Buisson Saint-Louis, 75010 Paris
-------------------------

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 7:05 PM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Santiago DIEZ <santiago.diez@caoba.fr>
> wrote:
>>
>> To be fully transparent, the issue I'm dealing with is the following:
>> If I set a specific unix_socket_directory in postgresql.conf then running
>> pg_ctl start -w -t5 -D '/val/lib/postgresql/9.4/main'
>> fails because I believe it cannot verify the server is running because
>> it's looking for socket in /tmp.
>

> More likely is that it takes more than 5 seconds to start and you are timing
> out. (I'll presume */val* is a typo in the email only)
>
> The source code for pg_ctl indicates that the "pid file" the postmaster
> creates at startup contains the information needed for both unix and tcp
> socket connections and this is where pg_ctl gets its "connection string"
> information from.
>
> Supplying logging data from the pg_ctl run would help.
>
> David J.

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time