Re: What is the best way to create Primary Key on a large table in Postgresql 9.5?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: What is the best way to create Primary Key on a large table in Postgresql 9.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Ravi Tammineni <rtammineni@partner.aligntech.com> wrote:

 I have to add a new id column to the existing table,

You will have to write/create a brand new table file.  That will take time.  I suspect that using some combination of views and triggers, and object renaming, will allow you to put together a custom scheme to do this with minimal impact on production (though you cannot avoid the I/O, you can maybe spread it out).

A lot depends on the exact usage pattern of the table in question.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: What is the best way to create Primary Key on a large table in Postgresql 9.5?
Сообщение: Re: What is the best way to create Primary Key on a large table in Postgresql 9.5?