Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Дата
Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 11:50 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

Primarily in favor of escape hatch:

Jeff,
DavidR,
Pavel,
Andres,
Robert ??,
Amit ??

To be clear, by "escape hatch" you mean "add a GUC that instructs the PostgreSQL executor to ignore hash_mem when deciding whether to spill the contents of the hash table to disk - IOW to never spill the contents of a hash table to disk"?  If so that seems separate from whether to add a hash_mem GUC to provide finer grained control - people may well want both.

Primarily in favor of hash_mem/hash_mem_multiplier:

PeterG,
Tom,
Alvaro,
Tomas,
Justin,
DavidG,
Jonathan Katz

I would prefer DavidJ as an abbreviation - my middle initial can be dropped when referring to me.

David J.