Re: Clarification regarding CREATE TABLE LIKE and FOREIGN KEYS

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Clarification regarding CREATE TABLE LIKE and FOREIGN KEYS
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 7:07 AM David Virebayre <david@robbez.com> wrote:
"INCLUDING ALL" leads people to believe *everything* is copied.

The fact that it doesn't seem counter intuitive, at least to me.

Therefore, it doesn't seem absurd to me to warn people about what is not copied.

I wrote the original message hoping to help improve the documentation. I could write a draft if I'm allowed to.
I do believe that clarifying this point improves the documentation. If there's a consensus that it doesn't, my apologies for the annoyance.

You are welcome to suggest improvements.  But "all" means inclusive of every individual item listed on that page.  You don't get stuff in "all" that you cannot specify individually and you cannot specify references clauses individually.

David J.