Re: running postgresql with a different id other than postgres user

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: running postgresql with a different id other than postgres user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Maki Smith (US - IFS) <maki.smith@pwc.com> wrote:
To meet our security requirement, we would like to use another account other than postgres to install and run postgreSQL.  Is this possible to do?

​You need to tell us by what method you intend to install PostgreSQL, and on what platform, before this can be usefully answered.​

The documentation covers how to go about installing from source.  It should cover how to choose a label different than "postgres" if you so desire.

David J.