Re: Does aurora PostgreSQL use wal_buffers?

От Dan Smith
Тема Re: Does aurora PostgreSQL use wal_buffers?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
If memory serves, WAL is used for data streams if enabled.  Replication is done at storage layer within region.  Specific question can be sent to SA or Product team through your account representative.

"

wal_buffers

WAL buffers are used to hold write ahead log (WAL) records that aren’t yet written to storage. The size of the WAL buffer cache is controlled by the wal_buffers setting. Aurora uses a log-based storage engine and changes are sent to storage nodes for persistence. Given the difference in how writes are handled by the Aurora storage engine, this parameter should be left unchanged when using Aurora PostgreSQL.

"

Additional information con changes and architecture can be found in this talk: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul-j5fKfv2k

Generally, the slides for re:Invent talks make it on to https://www.slideshare.net/ as well.

Best regards,