Re: Broken after upgrade

От arnaud gaboury
Тема Re: Broken after upgrade
Дата
Re: Broken after upgrade  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:56 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2016 11:27 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>

>> First, if possible copy your data dir and conf files somewhere for safety.
>

> +1 !!!   must be first step.

It is the first thing I did

>> From the looks of it Fedora upgraded your Postgres from 9.4.x to 9.5.3.
>> That constitutes a major upgrade and as the error says the data directory is
>> no longer compatible.

I can read here[0] on postgresql website that 9.5 have major enhancements.

>> What Postgres versions are installed?
>>
>> Or did Fedora get rid of the Postgres 9.4 entirely?

Yes. I am only left with 9.5.3

>> I do not use Fedora so I cannot get any more specific but this might help(
>> I would still backup up your data directory manually, even if the
>> instructions below say that is done for you):
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostgreSQL
>>
>> in particular:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostgreSQL#Upgrade
>

> pretty much whatever you do, you'll need to install the 9.4 database server
> software temporarily in a separate directory, and you'll need to do the
> upgrade.

So the idea is to downgrade first to 9.4.8 ? I will try this way

> if your data is reasonable sized (say, under a few dozen gigabytes?), the
> easiest upgrade is to fire up both servers (configure that 9.4 to use a
> different port, like 5434), where 9.4 is running with your existing data
> directory, and 9.5 is running a freshly initdb'd empty database cluster,
> then do something like pg_dumpall -p 5434 | psql -p 5432

My data are small hopefully.

[0]https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release-9-5.html

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx

От: Sylvain Marechal
Сообщение: Re: Replication with non-read-only standby.