Re: Replication with non-read-only standby.

От Sylvain Marechal
Тема Re: Replication with non-read-only standby.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Setup:
2 PostgreSQL servers are geographically spread. The first one is used for an application that gathers data. It is connected to the second database that is used to process the said data. Connection is not very stable nor is it fast, so using Bidirectional replication is not an option. It is OK if data is shipped in batches rather than streamed.

Question:
Is there a way to make the standby server non-read-only, so that it can keep getting updates (mostly inserts) from the 'master', but users are able to edit the data stored on 'slave'? Is there some alternative solution to this?

Regards,
Nick.

Hi Nick,

sorry for this silly question, but I am not sure to understand why BDR is not an option.
As far as I know, it was designed to handle such cases.

My 2 cents,
Sylvain