Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5

От Venkata Ramana
Тема Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi rob,

It is not possible to take streaming replication between two major versions as by taking basebackup all the data directory of lower is copied which are not changed in this case version is not changed.

You may better go with slony replication in which replication between two different major versions can be taken efficiently for which you have to take dump of empty schema and then restore it the other version of postgresql and then run scripts to setup replication between postgresql 9.1.10 master and postgresql 9.3.5 slave.

Thanks & Regards
Venkataramana Aitla
Shreeyansh Technologies
www.shreeyansh.com