Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 01/09/2015 09:17 AM, Rob Cowell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to set up replication from a 9.1.10 master to  a 9.3.5 slave?
For streaming log-based replication the answer is no:
>     FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
>     DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 903, but the server was compiled with
PG_CONTROL_VERSION937.

> Would I be better off dumping the data from 9.1.10 and re-importing into 9.3.5, then starting replication ?
> (or is there an easier way?) :)
There are lots of options. IIRC, Slony can be used for cross-version
replication. Pg_upgrade can be used instead of a dump and restore. Which
is easiest depends on your operational constraints.

Of all the methods, "old-reliable" is a dump and restore. Set up
replication after that. Be sure to use pg_dump from the *new* version to
take the dump from the old database. And if you are going through the
effort to upgrade, consider 9.4.0 at this point.

There is work to support statement-based replication which will probably
support replication-based upgrades in the future. But not from your version.

Cheers,
Steve

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5
От: Venkata Ramana
Сообщение: Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5