Re: PGPool II V3.3.3 and Jboss-7.2.0

От Matheus de Oliveira
Тема Re: PGPool II V3.3.3 and Jboss-7.2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:13 AM, irrusappan <irrusappan.p@tcs.com> wrote:
My aim is to employ PGPool II for postgresql connection pooling.

Honestly, pgPool-II is a great tool for some tasks (like load-balancing), but it is not very good at connection pooling.

For this specific task I strongly recommend you using pgbouncer [1] instead. It is faster and more flexible than pgPool-II.

I was able
to install PGPool II v3.3.3 in Linux RHEL 5.5 platform.But my doubt is how
to configure data source.In the jboss standalone-full.xml, should i provide
IP and port of PostgreSQL or PGPool II

The pgPool-II IP/port should be configured in your application (for pgbouncer the same applies).

and with Postgresql my application
works without any issue but with PG POOL it is not connecting.

We need more information, what error did your application throw? Also, messages on pgPool's log would be nice.

But really, you should try pgbouncer instead.

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

Best regards,
--
Matheus de Oliveira