Re: Rows are repeating by the trigger function

От Kiran
Тема Re: Rows are repeating by the trigger function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Adrian and Alban,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I revisited the entire tables, triggers related to the tables. I did not find anything strange.
But, I removed all the rows from the cf_user_question_link and inserted relevant rows into the table from cf_question.

Also, I recreated the function without the update and deployed it.
Now the trigger function works as expected ( when a new row is inserted into the cf_question, a row with necessary fields is inserted into the cf_user_question_link table)

Though now the trigger function works as expected but the issue that I faced was it because there were rows already in the cf_question table before the trigger function was deployed ?

regards
Kiran

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:
On 31 October 2016 at 14:41, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/2016 02:06 AM, Kiran wrote:
>> I know 94 = 1 + (3 * 31).
>> I am just having a normal insert statement into cf_question table.
>
> Are there any other triggers on the tables?

I'm fairly confident that the duplicates are from updates on the
cf_question table. Since the trigger also fires on update and then
inserts another record, that would explain the duplication pretty
well.

Nevertheless, if there are other triggers those bear investigation.

Сообщение: Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?
Сообщение: Re: How to optimize SELECT query with multiple CASE statements?