Re: Rows are repeating by the trigger function

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Rows are repeating by the trigger function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/31/2016 10:02 AM, Kiran wrote:
> Dear Adrian and Alban,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
> I revisited the entire tables, triggers related to the tables. I did not
> find anything strange.
> But, I removed all the rows from the* *cf_user_question_link and
> inserted relevant rows into the table from *cf_question*.
>

> Also, I recreated the function without the update and deployed it.
> Now the trigger function works as expected ( when a new row is inserted
> into the *cf_question*, a row with necessary fields is inserted into
> the cf_user_question_link table)
>
> Though now the trigger function works as expected but the issue that I
> faced was it because there were rows already in the cf_question table
> before the trigger function was deployed ?

Not really, the issue, as Alban pointed out, was you had UPDATE in the
trigger statement. So every time you  did an UPDATE to cf_question you
got an INSERT into cf_user_question_link. So I suspect somewhere/somehow
you did 3 UPDATES to all the rows in cf_question while you had the old
trigger statement deployed.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com