От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 12:33 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> PSA new set of v40* patches.

Thanks for the patch updates.

A couple of comments so far:

(1) compilation warning
WIth the patches applied, there's a single compilation warning when
Postgres is built:

pgoutput.c: In function ‘pgoutput_row_filter_init’:
pgoutput.c:854:8: warning: unused variable ‘relid’ [-Wunused-variable]
  Oid   relid = RelationGetRelid(relation);
        ^~~~~

> v40-0004 = combine using OR instead of AND
> - this is a new patch
> - new behavior. multiple filters now combine by OR instead of AND
> [Tomas 23/9] #3

(2) missing test case
It seems that the current tests are not testing the
multiple-row-filter case (n_filters > 1) in the following code in
pgoutput_row_filter_init():

    rfnode = n_filters > 1 ? makeBoolExpr(OR_EXPR, rfnodes, -1) :
linitial(rfnodes);

I think a test needs to be added similar to the customers+countries
example that Tomas gave (where there is a single subscription to
multiple publications of the same table, each of which has a
row-filter).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia