Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 11:56 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 17, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> >

> > This would not address the weirdness of the existing code where a
> > superuser loses their superuser privileges but still owns a
> > subscription. But perhaps we can solve that a different way, like just
> > performing a check when someone loses their superuser privileges that
> > they don't own any subscriptions.
>
> I gave that a slight amount of thought during the design of this patch, but didn't think we could refuse to revoke
superuseron such a basis, and didn't see what we should do with the subscription other than have it continue to be
ownedby the recently-non-superuser.  If you have a better idea, we can discuss it, but to some degree I think that is
alsoorthogonal to the purpose of this patch.  The only sense in which this patch depends on that issue is that this
patchproposes that non-superuser subscription owners are already an issue, and therefore that this patch isn't creating
anew issue, but rather making more sane something that already can happen.

Don't we want to close this gap irrespective of the other part of the
feature? I mean if we take out the part of your 0003 patch that checks
whether the current user has permission to perform a particular
operation on the target table then the gap related to the owner losing
superuser privileges should be addressed.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Greg Nancarrow
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Should we improve "PID XXXX is not a PostgreSQL server process" warning for pg_terminate_backend(<>)?