От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 2:08 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> There was a miss in the posted patch which didn't initialize the parameter in
> RelationBuildPublicationDesc, sorry for that. Attach the correct patch this time.

I have some additional doc update suggestions for the v71-0001 patch:

(1) Patch commit comment

BEFORE:
row filter evaluates to NULL, it returns false. The WHERE clause only
AFTER:
row filter evaluates to NULL, it is regarded as "false". The WHERE clause only

doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml

(2) ALTER PUBLICATION

BEFORE:
+      <replaceable class="parameter">expression</replaceable> returns
false or null will
AFTER:
+      <replaceable class="parameter">expression</replaceable>
evaluates to false or null will

doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml

(3) ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

BEFORE:
+          filter <literal>WHERE</literal> clause had been modified.
AFTER:
+          filter <literal>WHERE</literal> clause has since been modified.

doc/src/sgml/ref/create_publication.sgml

(4) CREATE PUBLICATION

BEFORE:
+      which the <replaceable class="parameter">expression</replaceable> returns
+      false or null will not be published. Note that parentheses are required
AFTER:
+      which the <replaceable
class="parameter">expression</replaceable> evaluates
+      to false or null will not be published. Note that parentheses
are required

doc/src/sgml/ref/create_subscription.sgml

(5) CREATE SUBSCRIPTION

BEFORE:
+   returns false or null will not be published. If the subscription has several
AFTER:
+   evaluates to false or null will not be published. If the
subscription has several

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia