От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 2:31 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > (2) GetTopMostAncestorInPublication
> > Is there a reason why there is no "break" after finding a
> > topmost_relid? Why keep searching and potentially overwrite a
> > previously-found topmost_relid? If it's intentional, I think that a
> > comment should be added to explain it.
>
> The code was moved from get_rel_sync_entry, and was trying to get the
> last oid in the ancestor list which is published by the publication. Do you
> have some suggestions for the comment ?

Maybe the existing comment should be updated to just spell it out like that:

/*
 * Find the "topmost" ancestor that is in this publication, by getting the
 * last Oid in the ancestors list which is published by the publication.
 */

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia

Сообщение: RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Сообщение: RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side