От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 8:41 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 2:31 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > > (2) GetTopMostAncestorInPublication
> > > Is there a reason why there is no "break" after finding a
> > > topmost_relid? Why keep searching and potentially overwrite a
> > > previously-found topmost_relid? If it's intentional, I think that a
> > > comment should be added to explain it.
> >
> > The code was moved from get_rel_sync_entry, and was trying to get the
> > last oid in the ancestor list which is published by the publication. Do you
> > have some suggestions for the comment ?
> >

> Maybe the existing comment should be updated to just spell it out like that:
>
> /*
>  * Find the "topmost" ancestor that is in this publication, by getting the
>  * last Oid in the ancestors list which is published by the publication.
>  */

I am not sure that is helpful w.r.t what Peter is looking for as that
is saying what code is doing and he wants to know why it is so? I
think one can understand this by looking at get_partition_ancestors
which will return the top-most ancestor as the last element. I feel
either we can say see get_partition_ancestors or maybe explain how the
ancestors are stored in this list.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.