От Greg Nancarrow
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 2:08 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> There was a miss in the posted patch which didn't initialize the parameter in
> RelationBuildPublicationDesc, sorry for that. Attach the correct patch this time.

A few comments for the v71-0001 patch:

doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml

(1)

+
+     <row>
+      <entry role="catalog_table_entry"><para role="column_definition">
+      <structfield>prqual</structfield> <type>pg_node_tree</type>
+      </para>
+      representation) for the relation's qualifying condition. Null if
+      there is no qualifying condition.</para></entry>
+     </row>

"qualifying condition" sounds a bit vague here.
Wouldn't it be better to say "publication qualifying condition"?

src/backend/commands/publicationcmds.c

(2) check_simple_rowfilter_expr_walker

In the function header:
(i) "etc" should be "etc."
(ii)
Is

+ * - (Var Op Const) Bool (Var Op Const)

   meant to be:

+ * - (Var Op Const) Logical-Op (Var Op Const)

?

It's not clear what "Bool" means here.

(3) check_simple_rowfilter_expr_walker
We should say "Built-in functions" instead of "System-functions":

+   * User-defined functions are not allowed. System-functions that are

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia