Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows

От Pawel Kudzia
Тема Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 1:03 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 3:25 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > Is the data sensitive, or you could you share it? I realize it's a
> > pretty large database, but if I had a copy I could poke around to look
> > at the index pages involved here, to see if they're corrupt and how. If
> > that's possible, you can contact me directly, off-list, to figure the
> > logistics to send over a copy of the data directory.
>
> Worth noting that the Wiki describes a number two ways to do this when
> reporting a bug -- using gdb, and using contrib/pageinspect:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD#Dumping_a_page_image_from_within_GDB

Heikki - the data is semi-sensitive. I cannot share the whole table.
I could if it was possible to remove some columns or isolate only
handful of rows.

But - just doing the "vacuum full entity" resolves the original issue
and select returns 0 rows, as it should.

How can I identify relevant pages to make selective dump of them for
you, using method proposed by Peter?

Would interactive session where you can get temporary access to the
server with copy of the database,
to run gdb on it be of any help?

Greetings!

--
regards,
Pawel Kudzia

Сообщение: Re: Windows locale cause server to send invalid data encoding to client
Сообщение: Re: Windows locale cause server to send invalid data encoding to client