Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed

От John Naylor
Тема Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed
Дата
Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> writes:
>> For those following along, these scripts still assume we're in the
>> catalog directory. I can hack on that part tomorrow if no one else
>> has.
>
> I didn't touch this point.

Patch 0002 is my attempt at this. Not sure how portable this is. It's
also clunkier than before in that you need to tell it where to find
Catalog.pm, since it seems Perl won't compile unless "use lib" points
to a string and not an expression. Suggestions welcome. I also edited
the boilerplate comments.

> I notice that duplicate_oids is now a good factor of 10 slower than it was
> before (~0.04 sec to ~0.4 sec, on my machine).  While this doesn't seem
> like a problem for manual use, it seems annoying as part of the standard
> build process, especially on slower buildfarm critters.

If you're concerned about build speed, I think the generated *_d.h
headers cause a lot more files to be rebuilt than before. I'll think
about how to recover that.

> I think we should
> do what you said upthread and teach genbki.pl to complain about duplicate
> oids, so that we can remove duplicate_oids from the build process.
>
> I went ahead and pushed things as-is so we can confirm that duplicate_oids
> has no portability issues that the buildfarm could find.  But let's try
> to get the build process change in place after a day or so.

Patch 0001
-moves the compile-time test into genbki.pl
-removes a usability quirk from unused_oids
-removes duplicate_oids (not sure if you intended this, but since
unused_oids has already been committed to report duplicates, we may as
well standardize on that) and cleans up after that fact
-updates the documentation.

-John Naylor

Вложения