Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partitionwise join enabled.

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partitionwise join enabled.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2018/04/25 18:51), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>  wrote:
>> o 0001-Handle-ConvertRowtypeExprs-in-pull_vars_clause.patch:

>> Another thing I noticed about this patch is this:
>>
>> postgres=# create table prt1 (a int, b int, c varchar) partition by range
>> (a);
>> postgres=# create table prt1_p1 partition of prt1 FOR VALUES FROM (0) TO
>> (250);
>> postgres=# create table prt1_p2 partition of prt1 FOR VALUES FROM (250) TO
>> (500)
>> ;
>> postgres=# insert into prt1 select i, i % 25, to_char(i, 'FM0000') from
>> generate
>> _series(0, 499) i where i % 2 = 0;
>> postgres=# analyze prt1;
>> postgres=# create table prt2 (a int, b int, c varchar) partition by range
>> (b);
>> postgres=# create table prt2_p1 partition of prt2 FOR VALUES FROM (0) TO
>> (250);
>> postgres=# create table prt2_p2 partition of prt2 FOR VALUES FROM (250) TO
>> (500)
>> ;
>> postgres=# insert into prt2 select i % 25, i, to_char(i, 'FM0000') from
>> generate
>> _series(0, 499) i where i % 3 = 0;
>> postgres=# analyze prt2;
>>
>> postgres=# update prt1 t1 set c = 'foo' from prt2 t2 where t1::text =
>> t2::text a
>> nd t1.a = t2.b;
>> ERROR:  ConvertRowtypeExpr found where not expected
>>
>> To fix this, I think we need to pass PVC_RECURSE_CONVERTROWTYPES to
>> pull_vars_clause() in distribute_qual_to_rels() and
>> generate_base_implied_equalities_no_const() as well.
>
> Thanks for the catch. I have updated patch with your suggested fix.

Thanks, but I don't think that's enough.  Consider:

postgres=# create table base_tbl (a int, b int);
postgres=# insert into base_tbl select i % 25, i from generate_series(0,
499) i where i % 6 = 0;

postgres=# update prt1 t1 set c = 'foo' from prt2 t2 left join (select
a, b, 1 from base_tbl) ss(c1, c2, c3) on (t2.b = ss.c2) where t1::text =
t2::text and t1.a = t2.b;
ERROR:  ConvertRowtypeExpr found where not expected

To fix this, I think we need to pass PVC_RECURSE_CONVERTROWTYPES to
pull_var_clause() in find_placeholders_in_expr() as well.

The patch doesn't pass that to pull_var_clause() in other places such as
fix_placeholder_input_needed_levels() or planner.c, but I don't
understand the reason why that's OK.

Sorry, I've not finished the review yet, so I'll continue that.

Thanks for updating the patch!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita