Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2

От Patrick B
Тема Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2
Дата
Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2  (Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

There will be a network maintenance at the company where my servers are...

I've got one master and one slave server, running PostgreSQL 9.2.

As the network will be down, the internet won't be working as well as the intranet. Both servers won't be able to communicate each other. Not by streaming replication and wal_files too.

That should take at most 10 minutes.

1. When the connection comes back, will the master and slave work as expected? The streaming replication should be ok?

2. As the master will be down, I don't wanna slave turns into a master by Failover. The trigger_file line on recovery.conf on the slave server is commented, so should be ok here right? The slave will be still a slave once master is down....

Thanks!
Patrick