Re: pgAdmin 4 v2, server cannot be connected

От Ronald Viscarra
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v2, server cannot be connected
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ithanks, I will keep both then

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 12:40 AM, Ronald Viscarra <ronald.viscarra@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I know both could exists side by side, but I would like to just keep the lates one, and remove the old one.

If it was installed with PostgreSQL 9.6, then you cannot remove it without removing all of PostgreSQL. From PG 10 onwards it's an optional component though.

I make a particular shortcut for running newest version and is working great.

Please keep the mailing list CC'd.

In a standard installation, the two versions should exist quite happily side by side, though only the latest will probably run due to changes in the config database (that shouldn't be an issue with >= 2.0, only with older versions). I have many versions installed for example, on both Windows and Mac.

A couple of possible issues could be causing this:

- You're using a shortcut that is actually pointing to the older version.

- The runtime has the "path to webapp" setting configured, and is pointing to the old version. Check in the registry for the ApplicationPath and PythonPath settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgadmin\pgadmin4, and remove them if present.