Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 9:48 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On 12/28/20 4:51 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:27 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

[...]

> > Corvus Data
> > http://www.corvusdata.com.mx/
> > website contain references to postgresql services, but no link points
> > to a page explaining those services instead they point to a strange
> > “about me” page
>
> I was able to get to a listing about PostgreSQL training from the homepage:
>
> https://corvusdata.com.mx/2021/01/14/curso-postgresql/
>
> Overall, it's not up to the moderation team to judge the quality of the
> website unless it's in flagrant disregard of the policy.[1]

interesting. in my defense, these entries were added on january 2021
so they weren't when we looked at them

> > DBAS
> > http://www.dbas.me/
> > website requires more investigation, it only includes a button to send
> > an email. But it specifies they work with postgresql.
>
> The entry and website are good enough to meet policy[1].

I'm contacting them, I'm not sure they are actually active but will confirm

> > EQ Soft Consultoría y Soporte EIRL
> > http://www.eqsoft.net/
> > we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>
> I clicked into the website and found the owner listing experience with
> PostgreSQL:
>
> http://www.eqsoft.net/trabajo/requerimiento-de-personal-noviembre-2019/

that's not owner experience but looking for new people with those
skills, anyway I'm not disputing the experience they have... and there
was a time when they actually advertized that they provided postgresql
services

But what policy actually says is that "services must be related to
PostgreSQL in some direct and obvious way" and that is not the case.
Not that I'm completely happy with policy, maybe we need to look at it
first before continuing with this exercise?

> > Mondrian Tecnologia
> > http://www.mondriantecnologia.com/
> > when we originally tested the url, the website did not respond. Now it
> > shows a banner saying is on maintenance, so maybe we should contact
> > them or just wait some time and recheck.
>
> I would recommend contacting them in this case.

will do

> > Pgopen
> > http://www.pgopen.com.br/
> > El sitio web indicado no menciona en absoluto a Postgresql como
> > servicio o plataforma ofrecida y tampoco contiene información sobre
> > algún tipo de servicio relacionado con PG. En ninguna parte del sitio
> > web de la empresa aparece siquiera el nombre Postgresql.
>
> I found information that they provide PostgreSQL services:
>
> http://www.pgopen.com.br/pgopen-amplia-seus-atendimentos/

that post is from 2015 and published by a postgresql dba that no
longer works there, maybe i should contact them to understand if they
already provides the service

> > Linux Solutions
> > https://linuxsolutions.com.br/
> > we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>
> I found a URL referencing a PostgreSQL training course:
>
> https://linuxsolutions.com.br/ajuda-linux-dia-70-introducao-ao-postgresql-dia-1/
>
> Perhaps they have pivoted away from providing services around PostgreSQL
> and it would be worth reaching out to them.

looking again I found 4 5-minutes videos about postgresql between 2016
and 2017, will try to contact them to confirm

> > Ideasoft Uruguay SRL
> > https://www.ideasoft.biz/
> > we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>
> I found some support tickets subdomain on their site related to
> PostgreSQL. I believe the correct course of action would be to reach out
> to them and see if they still support PostgreSQL.

will do

> > IPSOFT S.A.
> > https://www.ipsoft-sa.com/
> > we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>
> I agree. It seems they have pivoted. I have removed this.
>
> > TELEMATICA S.A.
> > https://www.telematica.com.pe/
> > we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>
> I found information both on Postgres + PostGIS, e.g:
>
> https://www.telematica.com.pe/que-hay-de-nuevo-en-arcmap-10-6/
>
> They appear to specialize in GIS work.

I noted that, again I will point at the policy that requires "services
must be related to PostgreSQL in some direct and obvious way" (note
that I'm ignoring the "All services" and just saying "Any service")

Again, maybe we need to review the policy

> > == in doubt ==
> >
> > Engine Yard, Inc.
> > http://www.engineyard.com/
> > we are in doubt about this entry, it mentions postgresql in only one
> > page that we can see and it is in the middle of a list of other
> > databases they support. Also not sure if the fact that it could
> > provide services worldwide allows a provider to be listed on all
> > regions
>
> Engine Yard still supports PostgreSQL:
>
> https://www.engineyard.com/postgresql-database-hosting/
>
> > InfraCoop
> > https://www.infracoop.com.ar/
> > they don’t mention postgresql in their services, but they do mention
> > it on the skills on their staff nonetheless the last
> > postgresql-related blog was 5 years ago
>
> On the homepage, there is a customer reference that appears to talk
> about their PostgreSQL modernization efforts.
>
> For next steps, I am happy to reach out to the two in question and see
> if I get a response.

I can do it myself also, whatever works for you
thanks

--
Jaime Casanova
CTO - SystemGuards