Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers
Дата
Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
Список pgsql-www
On 1/17/21 7:39 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 9:48 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/28/20 4:51 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:27 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Corvus Data
>>> http://www.corvusdata.com.mx/
>
> interesting. in my defense, these entries were added on january 2021
> so they weren't when we looked at them

The fun thing about moderating these sections of the website: after you
make a pass at it, it immediately becomes stale ;) It is a classic cat &
mouse game.

>>> DBAS
>>> http://www.dbas.me/
>>> website requires more investigation, it only includes a button to send
>>> an email. But it specifies they work with postgresql.
>>
>> The entry and website are good enough to meet policy[1].
>>

> I'm contacting them, I'm not sure they are actually active but will confirm

Please see my note below about reaching out.

>>> EQ Soft Consultoría y Soporte EIRL
>>> http://www.eqsoft.net/
>>> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>>
>> I clicked into the website and found the owner listing experience with
>> PostgreSQL:
>>
>> http://www.eqsoft.net/trabajo/requerimiento-de-personal-noviembre-2019/
>>

> that's not owner experience but looking for new people with those
> skills, anyway I'm not disputing the experience they have... and there
> was a time when they actually advertized that they provided postgresql
> services
>
> But what policy actually says is that "services must be related to
> PostgreSQL in some direct and obvious way" and that is not the case.
> Not that I'm completely happy with policy, maybe we need to look at it
> first before continuing with this exercise?

The policy states "Further, the web site you link to in the listing must
somewhere mention PostgreSQL as an offered service or platform."[1]

I think this fine. We have listings that range from solo practioners to
multibillionaire organizations. I think the goal overall is to be
encouraging.

And as stated above, arguably each entry goes stale the moment after
it's reviewed. It's the nature of the game.

>>> Mondrian Tecnologia
>>> http://www.mondriantecnologia.com/
>>> when we originally tested the url, the website did not respond. Now it
>>> shows a banner saying is on maintenance, so maybe we should contact
>>> them or just wait some time and recheck.
>>
>> I would recommend contacting them in this case.
>>

> will do
>
>>> Pgopen
>>> http://www.pgopen.com.br/
>>> El sitio web indicado no menciona en absoluto a Postgresql como
>>> servicio o plataforma ofrecida y tampoco contiene información sobre
>>> algún tipo de servicio relacionado con PG. En ninguna parte del sitio
>>> web de la empresa aparece siquiera el nombre Postgresql.
>>
>> I found information that they provide PostgreSQL services:
>>
>> http://www.pgopen.com.br/pgopen-amplia-seus-atendimentos/
>>

> that post is from 2015 and published by a postgresql dba that no
> longer works there, maybe i should contact them to understand if they
> already provides the service

Yes, I would agree with contacting them.

>>> Linux Solutions
>>> https://linuxsolutions.com.br/
>>> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>>
>> I found a URL referencing a PostgreSQL training course:
>>
>> https://linuxsolutions.com.br/ajuda-linux-dia-70-introducao-ao-postgresql-dia-1/
>>
>> Perhaps they have pivoted away from providing services around PostgreSQL
>> and it would be worth reaching out to them.
>>

> looking again I found 4 5-minutes videos about postgresql between 2016
> and 2017, will try to contact them to confirm

Sounds good.

>>> Ideasoft Uruguay SRL
>>> https://www.ideasoft.biz/
>>> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>>
>> I found some support tickets subdomain on their site related to
>> PostgreSQL. I believe the correct course of action would be to reach out
>> to them and see if they still support PostgreSQL.
>>

> will do
>
>>> TELEMATICA S.A.
>>> https://www.telematica.com.pe/
>>> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway
>>
>> I found information both on Postgres + PostGIS, e.g:
>>
>> https://www.telematica.com.pe/que-hay-de-nuevo-en-arcmap-10-6/
>>
>> They appear to specialize in GIS work.
>>

> I noted that, again I will point at the policy that requires "services
> must be related to PostgreSQL in some direct and obvious way" (note
> that I'm ignoring the "All services" and just saying "Any service")

If they are doing work with PostGIS, I believe that qualifies as being
related to PostgreSQL.

>> For next steps, I am happy to reach out to the two in question and see
>> if I get a response.
>>

> I can do it myself also, whatever works for you
> thanks

If you are reaching out to these organizations directly, please include
webmaster@ on the correspondences, as that will save time on the
moderation team verifying.

Thanks again for working on this!

Jonathan