Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: bad entries at proffesional services and hosting providers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/28/20 4:51 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:27 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> == These sites do not contain any reference, that we could find at
> least, to: postgresql, services for postgresql nor any
> postgresql-based products.
>
> A & W asociados, C.A.

Confirmed and removed.

> Corvus Data
> http://www.corvusdata.com.mx/
> website contain references to postgresql services, but no link points
> to a page explaining those services instead they point to a strange
> “about me” page

I was able to get to a listing about PostgreSQL training from the homepage:

https://corvusdata.com.mx/2021/01/14/curso-postgresql/

Overall, it's not up to the moderation team to judge the quality of the
website unless it's in flagrant disregard of the policy.[1]

> DBAS
> http://www.dbas.me/
> website requires more investigation, it only includes a button to send
> an email. But it specifies they work with postgresql.

The entry and website are good enough to meet policy[1].

> EQ Soft Consultoría y Soporte EIRL
> http://www.eqsoft.net/
> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway

I clicked into the website and found the owner listing experience with
PostgreSQL:

http://www.eqsoft.net/trabajo/requerimiento-de-personal-noviembre-2019/

> Mondrian Tecnologia
> http://www.mondriantecnologia.com/
> when we originally tested the url, the website did not respond. Now it
> shows a banner saying is on maintenance, so maybe we should contact
> them or just wait some time and recheck.

I would recommend contacting them in this case.

> Pgopen
> http://www.pgopen.com.br/
> El sitio web indicado no menciona en absoluto a Postgresql como
> servicio o plataforma ofrecida y tampoco contiene información sobre
> algún tipo de servicio relacionado con PG. En ninguna parte del sitio
> web de la empresa aparece siquiera el nombre Postgresql.

I found information that they provide PostgreSQL services:

http://www.pgopen.com.br/pgopen-amplia-seus-atendimentos/

> Linux Solutions
> https://linuxsolutions.com.br/
> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway

I found a URL referencing a PostgreSQL training course:

https://linuxsolutions.com.br/ajuda-linux-dia-70-introducao-ao-postgresql-dia-1/

Perhaps they have pivoted away from providing services around PostgreSQL
and it would be worth reaching out to them.

> Ideasoft Uruguay SRL
> https://www.ideasoft.biz/
> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway

I found some support tickets subdomain on their site related to
PostgreSQL. I believe the correct course of action would be to reach out
to them and see if they still support PostgreSQL.

> IPSOFT S.A.
> https://www.ipsoft-sa.com/
> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway

I agree. It seems they have pivoted. I have removed this.

> TELEMATICA S.A.
> https://www.telematica.com.pe/
> we cannot find evidence that it relates to postgresql in anyway

I found information both on Postgres + PostGIS, e.g:

https://www.telematica.com.pe/que-hay-de-nuevo-en-arcmap-10-6/

They appear to specialize in GIS work.

> == in doubt ==
>
> Engine Yard, Inc.
> http://www.engineyard.com/
> we are in doubt about this entry, it mentions postgresql in only one
> page that we can see and it is in the middle of a list of other
> databases they support. Also not sure if the fact that it could
> provide services worldwide allows a provider to be listed on all
> regions

Engine Yard still supports PostgreSQL:

https://www.engineyard.com/postgresql-database-hosting/

> InfraCoop
> https://www.infracoop.com.ar/
> they don’t mention postgresql in their services, but they do mention
> it on the skills on their staff nonetheless the last
> postgresql-related blog was 5 years ago

On the homepage, there is a customer reference that appears to talk
about their PostgreSQL modernization efforts.

For next steps, I am happy to reach out to the two in question and see
if I get a response.

>> so, are we going to do something about this or we just don't care?
>> just wanted to know if I should keep using my time on this
>
> There is care, but there are also other priorities on the moderation
> team, both professionally and personally.
>
> However, I will take care of this right now.

A follow up on this comment: note that your original reply to it came
during a week where many people were on holiday, and roughly two weeks
after we first corresponded on it.

This was certainly in my backlog to review and I appreciate the nudge,
but I want to note that this is not due to a lack of care, but as
mentioned, priorities both in and out of the community.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/services-and-hosting/

Вложения