Re: [ADMIN] CREATE ANY TABLE privileges, etc

От Keith
Тема Re: [ADMIN] CREATE ANY TABLE privileges, etc
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] CREATE ANY TABLE privileges, etc  (Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:
Good morning,

I've had a request to create a user that can create tables and schemas anywhere in this dev database. I know I could just make that user a SUPERUSER but wondering if there's anything short of that that seems more responsible. Again, this would only be in DEV so I'm not nearly as concerned giving them a superuser, assuming they haven't shown a track record of reckless behavior.

I'm thinking of privileges like Oracle's CREATE ANY TABLE, etc. vs granting them the DBA role.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

Easiest thing would be to grant ownership of that database to the user. That won't grant privileges to any existing objects, but will allow new schemas to be made by that user, which will in turn allow objects to be made in those schema that user creates.

Otherwise, there is the GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE ... command which will essentially do the same thing and allow schemas to be created.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-grant.html

Keith