Re: Logical Replication of sequences

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Дата
Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, here are some review comments for patch v20240720-0003.

This review is a WIP. This post is only about the docs (*.sgml) of patch 0003.

======
doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml

1. REFRESH PUBLICATION and copy_data
nitpicks:
- IMO the "synchronize the sequence data" info was misleading because
synchronization should only occur when copy_data=true.
- I also felt it was strange to mention pg_subscription_rel for
sequences, but not for tables. I modified this part too.
- Then I moved the information about re/synchronization of sequences
into the "copy_data" part.
- And added another link to ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION SEQUENCES

Anyway, in summary, I have updated this page quite a lot according to
my understanding. Please take a look at the attached nitpick for my
suggestions.

nitpick - /The supported options are:/The only supported option is:/

~~~

2. REFRESH PUBLICATION SEQUENCES
nitpick - tweaked the wording
nitpicK - typo /syncronizes/synchronizes/

======
3. catalogs.sgml

IMO something is missing in Section "1.55. pg_subscription_rel".

Currently, this page only talks of relations/tables, but I think it
should mention "sequences" here too, particularly since now we are
linking to here from ALTER SUBSCRIPTION when talking about sequences.

======
99.
Please see the attached diffs patch which implements any nitpicks
mentioned above.

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.