Re: Logical Replication of sequences

От shveta malik
Тема Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Дата
Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 9:17 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

I had a look at patches v20240720* (considering these as the latest
one) and tried to do some basic testing (WIP). Few comments:

1)
I see 'last_value' is updated wrongly after create-sub.  Steps:

-----------
pub:
CREATE SEQUENCE myseq0 INCREMENT 5 START 100;
SELECT nextval('myseq0');
SELECT nextval('myseq0');
--last_value on pub is 105
select * from pg_sequences;
create publication pub1 for all tables, sequences;

Sub:
CREATE SEQUENCE myseq0 INCREMENT 5 START 100;
create subscription sub1 connection 'dbname=postgres host=localhost
user=shveta port=5433' publication pub1;

--check 'r' state is reached
select pc.relname, pr.srsubstate, pr.srsublsn from pg_subscription_rel
pr, pg_class pc where (pr.srrelid = pc.oid);

--check 'last_value', it shows some random value as 136
select * from pg_sequences;
-----------

2)
I can use 'for all sequences' only with 'for all tables' and can not
use it with the below. Shouldn't it be allowed?

create publication pub2 for tables in schema public, for all sequences;
create publication pub2 for table t1, for all sequences;

3)
preprocess_pub_all_objtype_list():
Do we need 'alltables_specified' and 'allsequences_specified' ? Can't
we make a repetition check using *alltables and *allsequences?

4) patch02's commit msg says : 'Additionally, a new system view,
pg_publication_sequences, has been introduced'
But it is not part of patch002.

thanks
Shveta