Re: BUG #17449: Disk space not released

От Giorgio Saviane
Тема Re: BUG #17449: Disk space not released
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

>> > If the database suffers a crash (or immediate shutdown) in the middle of something like VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER, it
mightleave orphaned in-process files such as the ones you describe behind and have no way to know to clean them up.
Theknowledge about what it was working on just before the crash was lost in the crash.

>> > Files not touched in 2 months and also not referenced in pg_class.relfilenode are almost certainly such orphaned
filesand could, with extreme nervousness, be cleaned up by hand.  Especially if the human-readable log files support a
crashhaving happened at that time.

>> That was not the case. The server has been running seamlessly since I
>> rebuilt the master.
>

> But as i understand it, you rebuilt the master as a response to the problem, so the time period in question is before
therebuild, not after.

Yes, but then after the master was rebuilt it happened that the master
started logging "requested WAL segment XXX has already been removed"
again.

Kind regards

Giorgio