Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2022-May-31, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Yeah, the tricky part is how to parametize that to be cheap, still
> useful.  Having a larger number of attributes makes the particular
> problem of this thread easier to hit because it enlarges the
> validation window in the concurrent build,

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to use an index ON tab (pg_sleep(100ms))
or something like that (perhaps even use an expresion involving an
advisory lock acquisition, which is being held by the other session), to
widen the window.

The stop events patch that A. Korotkov posted [0] would likely be very
useful here.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/CAPpHfdtSEOHX8dSk9Qp+Z++i4BGQoffKip6JDWngEA+g7Z-XmQ@mail.gmail.com

> On my own laptop, the original test of the reporter takes up to 3~4s
> to reproduce the issue, for example, all the time, so that's good :)

Sadly, my laptop is somehow broken and I haven't reproduced the failure
even a single time, and my other regular computers are at high seas (I hope).