Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 11:19:01AM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to use an index ON tab (pg_sleep(100ms))
> or something like that (perhaps even use an expresion involving an
> advisory lock acquisition, which is being held by the other session), to
> widen the window.

I have not considered the use of expressions to enforce a lock at this
stage.  I'll give it a shot, even if it comes to the abuse of an
immutable function with volatile internals :)

> The stop events patch that A. Korotkov posted [0] would likely be very
> useful here.
>
> [0] https://postgr.es/m/CAPpHfdtSEOHX8dSk9Qp+Z++i4BGQoffKip6JDWngEA+g7Z-XmQ@mail.gmail.com

Thanks for the reference.  I've wanted to resurrect this stuff,
actually, after dealing with 6dced63 to be able to have a stop point
in the middle of a restart point.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent time zone output for JSON at UTC
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent time zone output for JSON at UTC