Re: temporary data after diskspace error

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: temporary data after diskspace error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, thanks everyone!
Will there be a lot of downtime to delete those 90GB of temp files?

Will postgres just delete those files without processing them or should I brace for some downtime?

Op ma 27 jan. 2020 17:15 schreef Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> writes:
> And also: How can i make postgres clean up the files?
> Can it be done without restarting the cluster?
> Will restarting it help?

A restart will clean out temp files.  I don't think there's any
terribly safe way to do it without that.  You could manually
remove such files that haven't been accessed recently, but the
risk of human error is high.