Re: PostgreSQL suitable?

От Vincenzo Romano
Тема Re: PostgreSQL suitable?
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL suitable?  (Tim Clarke <tim.clarke@manifest.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
I've not tested PG10. But it's not released for production yet!

Il 19 dic 2017 15:48, "Andreas Kretschmer" <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> ha scritto:

Am 19.12.2017 um 15:07 schrieb Kellner Thiemo:
Hi

We are developing a data warehouse of which the integration layer will start with over 100 TB of data. There are not many entities though we probably can partition and foremost we should use inheritance for the lab results. I just was wondering if PostgreSQL was able to cope with. In case it depends on the modelling kind, we have not yet decided between classic erd, anchor modelling and data vault.

Does someone have experience with such a set up?

Kind regards

Thiemo

depends at least on the data and the workload. pg10 contains better solutions for table-partitioning, up to 1000 (maybe more) child-tables arn't that problem.
We have customers in that range.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com