Re: PostgreSQL suitable?

От Tim Clarke
Тема Re: PostgreSQL suitable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PG10 is happily in production - in active use here :)

Tim Clarke
IT Director
Manifest

Tel: +44 (0)1376 504510 | Mobile: +44 (0)7887 563420 |
Main: +44 (0)1376 503500 | Fax: +44 (0)1376 503550

Blog: https://blog.manifest.co.uk/ <https://www.manifest.co.uk/> | Web:
https://www.manifest.co.uk/

9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | England

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you are not the named addressee you must not use or
disclose such information, instead please report it to admin@manifest.info
Legal: Manifest is the trading name of: Manifest Information Services
Ltd: Registered in England Number 3401145 & The Manifest Voting Agency
Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above
address. Please Click Here >> <https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/> for
further information.

On 19/12/17 14:50, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
> I've not tested PG10. But it's not released for production yet!
>
> Il 19 dic 2017 15:48, "Andreas Kretschmer" <andreas@a-kretschmer.de
> <mailto:andreas@a-kretschmer.de>> ha scritto:
>

>     Am 19.12.2017 um 15:07 schrieb Kellner Thiemo:
>
>         Hi
>
>         We are developing a data warehouse of which the integration
>         layer will start with over 100 TB of data. There are not many
>         entities though we probably can partition and foremost we
>         should use inheritance for the lab results. I just was
>         wondering if PostgreSQL was able to cope with. In case it
>         depends on the modelling kind, we have not yet decided between
>         classic erd, anchor modelling and data vault.
>
>         Does someone have experience with such a set up?
>
>         Kind regards
>
>         Thiemo
>

>     depends at least on the data and the workload. pg10 contains
>     better solutions for table-partitioning, up to 1000 (maybe more)
>     child-tables arn't that problem.
>     We have customers in that range.
>

>     Regards, Andreas
>
>     --
>     2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
>     www.2ndQuadrant.com <http://www.2ndQuadrant.com>

Вложения