Re: PostgreSQL suitable?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL suitable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 19.12.2017 um 15:07 schrieb Kellner Thiemo:
> Hi
>
> We are developing a data warehouse of which the integration layer will start with over 100 TB of data. There are not
manyentities though we probably can partition and foremost we should use inheritance for the lab results. I just was
wonderingif PostgreSQL was able to cope with. In case it depends on the modelling kind, we have not yet decided between
classicerd, anchor modelling and data vault.

> Does someone have experience with such a set up?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Thiemo

depends at least on the data and the workload. pg10 contains better
solutions for table-partitioning, up to 1000 (maybe more) child-tables
arn't that problem.
We have customers in that range.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com