Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)

От Don Seiler
Тема Problem with postgres_fdw and partitioned tables (9.6 to 10.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My local DB is PG 9.6.6, remote is PG 10.2.

I created a partitioned table on remote that I want to be able to run queries against from the local DB. I create the server and user mappings just fine. Then I run IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA ... LIMIT TO to bring that remote table into view on my local 9.6 table. The IMPORT statement doesn't return any errors, but I can't see the partitioned table.

If I create a regular unpartitioned table on the remote 10.2 DB, I can import that just fine.

I'm guessing this just a limitation of using the 9.6 DB to import 10.2 features? Could I somehow create a view in 10.2 in front of that table to hide its true nature?

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us