Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От Don Seiler
Тема Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?
The Oracle db named is Cidr and had a few schemas, each schemas owned their own tables, procedures, triggers, functions.  If I create a database on Postgres, how do I copy all schemas from Oracle? Or each schema will become one of the postgreSQL database?

If you just want to copy data, you could set up oracle_fdw and import the data via a SELECT query from the foreign table(s). If you're looking to migrate all of those objects (including procedures, functions, etc), then you'll need something like ora2pg.

Don.
--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us