Re: synchronous_commit and remote_write

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: synchronous_commit and remote_write
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> The naming is not arbitrary. -1 to changing it as suggested.
>>
>> It is as Aidan says, a state between receive and fsync, normally
>> referred to as write.
>>
>> Plus the word remote denotes it is on the standby, not the local master.
>>
>> So both words have specific meaning, and IMHO clear meaning.
>
> Clear to a postgres hacker, maybe.  Not at *all* clear to our general users.

If so, we should also rename the column "write_location" in pg_stat_replication?
I named "remote_write (originally write)" after that column. And, in
"remote_write",
internally the master waits for replication until the wait LSN has
reached write_location.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: Can pg_trgm handle non-alphanumeric characters?
Сообщение: Re: Can pg_trgm handle non-alphanumeric characters?