Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> > And: if we still have to ship logs, what's the point in even having
>> > cascading replication?
>>
>> At least cascading replication (1) allows you to adopt more flexible
>> configuration of servers,
>
> I'm just pretty shocked.  The last time we talked about this, at the end of the 9.1 development cycle, you almost had
remasteringusing streaming-only replication working, you just ran out of time.  Now it appears that you've abandoned
workingon that completely.  What's going on?

You mean that "remaster" is, after promoting one of standby servers, to make
remaining standby servers reconnect to new master and resolve the timeline
gap without the shared archive? Yep, that's one of my TODO items, but I'm not
sure if I have enough time to implement that for 9.3....

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Why is indexonlyscan so darned slow?
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication