Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii,

> You mean that "remaster" is, after promoting one of standby servers,
> to make
> remaining standby servers reconnect to new master and resolve the
> timeline
> gap without the shared archive? Yep, that's one of my TODO items, but
> I'm not
> sure if I have enough time to implement that for 9.3....

Well, not remastering from stream is the single largest usability obstacle for streaming replication, and severely
limitsthe utility of cascading replication.  Is there any way you could get it done for 9.3?  I'm happy to spend lots
oftime testing it, if necessary.

--Josh Berkus