Re: PG 9.1 Looking for old WAL when promoting from recovery to master

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: PG 9.1 Looking for old WAL when promoting from recovery to master
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:01 AM, David Morton <davidmorton78@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm implementing replica servers which will use a trigger file to promote
> from hot standby to full read/write. I've configured streaming replication
> as well as a recovery.conf which copies old WAL files from a repository if
> required.
>
> When placing the trigger file the system assumes the read/write roll without
> issue but insists on looking for a really old WAL file ... the below log
> file shows restoration from the previous nights full online backup (rsync)
> along with the trigger file detection and then attempting to find the old
> WAL file.
>
> Is this behavior normal ?

No. I think that the cause of the failure of archive_command is that
the archive status file of old WAL file exists in pg_xlog/archive_status
directory. Though I'm not sure why that happened. That's strange
since the archive status file should be removed when its corresponding
WAL file is removed. Anyway, if you delete the archive status file,
archive_command would be completed successfully.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error
Сообщение: Re: Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error