Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 3:58 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:01 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2019年4月8日(月) 14:22 Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>:
> >>
> >> From: Alvaro Herrera [mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com]
> >>
> >> +1
> >

> > +1
> > ISTM that we have small consensus to
> > use "vacuum_truncate".
>
> I'm also fine with this name, and I also saw reports that this option
> is already needed in some production workload, as Andres explained.

OK, so I pushed the "vacuum_truncate" version of the patch.
But it has not been actually pushed into the community's git
repository yet.That's maybe because it's been a while since
my last commit and my commit bit is temporarily limited?
Anyway the patch has been pushed before April 8th 0:00 in AoE.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao