Re: pg_upgrade in primary/standby architecture

От Venkata Balaji Nagothi
Тема Re: pg_upgrade in primary/standby architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Murthy Nunna <mnunna@fnal.gov> wrote:

Hi Venkata Balaji,

Thank you!

Yes, streaming replication cannot be setup between two different versions. That is true.

I am looking to upgrade both primary and standby with minimal outage to application….. I want to know if it is possible. If it is not possible, is there any architecture where we can minimize upgrade related outage?

In my previous email, i suggested/asked the possibility of using Slony replication in your environment. It depends on lot of factors (database size, number of tables, pl/pgsql code etc..) though. Please let us know your thoughts on this. We can probably move further on this discussion.

Venkata Balaji N

Sr. Database Administrator
Fujitsu Australia