Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 5:31 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I'm glad that this better principled approach is possible. It's hard
> to judge how much of a problem this really is, though. We'll need to
> think about this aspect some more.

BTW, your HLL patch ameliorates the problem with my extreme "sorted vs
random input" test case from this morning [1] (the thing that I just
discussed with Tomas). Without the HLL patch the sorted case had 2424
batches. With the HLL patch it has 20. That at least seems like a
notable improvement.

[1] https://postgr.es/m/CAH2-Wz=ur7MQKpaUZJP=Adtg0TPMx5M_WoNE=ke2vUU=amdjPQ@mail.gmail.com
--
Peter Geoghegan