Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, I saw that in the commit message, but didn't really think that
> the release note entry needed to explain it that way.  Could be
> argued differently though.

I'm pretty confident that somebody is going to miss this
functionality, if this account of how the patch helped Yandex is
anything to go by:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7B44397E-5E0A-462F-8148-1C444640FA0B%40simply.name

> > We may even need to revise the v10 release notes.
>
> Perhaps just remove that item from the 10.0 notes?

The wording could be changed to reflect the current reality within
GIN. It's still useful that posting trees are only locked when there
are pages to be deleted.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases
Сообщение: Re: First-draft release notes for next week's releases