Re: Occasional spike in query response time (jumps from 200ms to 45 seconds)

От bricklen
Тема Re: Occasional spike in query response time (jumps from 200ms to 45 seconds)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Robert Voinea <rvoinea@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

On Thursday 07 November 2013 06:37:57 bricklen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Robert Voinea <rvoinea@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could you give me some hints on what to look for?
> > What might be causing this behavior?
>
> Possibly checkpointing is the problem? Is "log_checkpoints" enabled in your
> postgresql.conf?  What is "checkpoint_completion_target" set to?

The parameters are commented out, so they are at their default values.

Thank you for replying.
I'll investigate this further to see if this is the problem.

Checkpointing may or may not be the problem, but changing log_checkpoints = on and checkpoint_completion_target = 0.8 would both be useful things to do. The former to help in your investigation, the latter, known as "checkpoint smoothing" might help alleviate the problem if it is indeed related to checkpointing.

Сообщение: Re: Occasional spike in query response time (jumps from 200ms to 45 seconds)
Сообщение: Re: Occasional spike in query response time (jumps from 200ms to 45 seconds)