Re: How to create a read only user account to access to all pg database?

От Ville Rantamaula
Тема Re: How to create a read only user account to access to all pg database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Assuming you have only the public schema in use per database (usually the case). In each database run the following SQL:
CREATE ROLE backup WITH LOGIN;
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO backup;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA public GRANT SELECT ON TABLES TO backup;

After that, adjust the file PostgreSQL configuration file pg_hba.conf to allow appropriate access for newly create ROLE backup.

Yours,
Ville

Hi All,

I have several pg database with their own login user account.
For backup purpose, I'd like to create an additional read only user account that can access all the pg database.
How can I do it?
Via PSQL command or via pgAdmin III client would be okay.

Your help is high appreciated.

Many thanks & best regards

--
Have a nice day!