Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load

От Shreeyansh dba
Тема Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
First thing is why do you want to suspend Postgres session or stop the database under heavy load ?

I suspect either your hardware is not sufficient for heavy load transactions OR your configuration parameters are not set properly to handle heavy load transactions.

If your hardware is not sufficient the you should upgrade your hardware ASAP which will give you better performance OR if you have sufficient hardware you should change some parameters in postgresql.conf for better performance.

I suggest you should not Suspending/Shutdown server for your convenience which is not good choice for loosing on-going transactions .

--

Thanks & Regards,

Harshad Adalkonda
Database Administrator